My goal is to provide an encouraging atmosphere for individuals who are interested in exercising to improve their health, strength, flexibility and balance. My instruction begins clients at their base level of skills, with guidance to assist their progression. Consistent practice of a variety of exercises is the key to success!
I believe in the importance of maintaining physical fitness as one ages.
- Certified Personal Trainer - American Council on Exercise
- Aquatic Exercise Instructor - Aquatic Exercise Association
- CPR Certified
- Senior Fitness Specialty Certification – American Council on Exercis
- B.S. in Special Education, Illinois State University
- Graduate work in Library Science, University of Colorado at Boulder
Areas of Specialization
- The functional core and balance
- Post mastectomy exercise
- Aquatic personal training
- Entry level fitness
- Comfortable fitness programs designed for the middle-aged and older adult
- After 39 years of teaching, I became interested in my own level of physical fitness when I began experiencing balance issues.
- Group exercise classes and personal training have guided my journey for a healthier lifestyle as I age.
- I earned my personal trainer’s certification and my Medicare eligibility in the same year!
Hobbies & Interests
Kayaking, skiing, cycling, swimming, cooking, sewing and reading.